Digital Marketing is impossible without great content
Smart marketers understand that traditional marketing is becoming less and less effective by the minute, and that there has to be a better way.
But what is content marketing?
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.
Regardless of what type of marketing tactics you use, content marketing should be part of your process, not something separate. Quality content is content that is useful, informative or engaging for the reader:
- SEO: Search engines reward businesses that publish quality, engaging content.
- Social media marketing: Content marketing strategy comes before your social media strategy.
- PR: Successful PR strategies address issues readers care about, not just what the business wants to say.
- PPC: For PPC to work, you need great content behind it.
- Inbound marketing: Content is key to driving inbound traffic and leads.
- Content strategy: Content strategy is part of most content marketing strategies.
- Persona development and content mapping: This part of the strategy helps your content team recognize your buyers as people with informational needs, and helps them create content to address their questions at each stage of the buying cycle.
Content marketing gives you the ability to establish yourself as an authority in your industry. This builds better customer loyalty, which can translate to repeat business and referrals.